Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, it is. And the amount of awareness affects our level of happiness and damages our inter-personal relationships. Below are a few books, blogs and articles about this growing problem:
Is hyper-connectivity really a problem?
Yes, super easy. Just use a slightly damp soft white cloth like a cotton T-shirt. Rub the clock face and external sides on a circular pattern. Then, if needed, use a dry cloth to remove excessive moisture.
Avoid using any cleaning or other chemicals.
Is it easy to clean my clock?
No. Ingrein leverages the simple and approachable "If this, then that" platform to set up notifications. This means that you don't have to be "techie" to configure and use your Ingrein Clock. You will be able to go through the simple steps to determine what notifications you want (your "if this") and how your Ingrein Clock will notify you (your "then that"). As an example, our most common notification is have the Ingrein Clock send a light and sound notification with each text message from the significant other.
Do I have to be a technical person to configure my notifications?
I’m not the only person living in my household. Can others use the Ingrein Clock too?
Yes. Ingrein can support up to 5 users in a household. And the availability of 24 different colors provides with a great way to differentiate notifications between different users.
No. You only have to set the time on the Ingrein Clock once. Then it will take care of DST changes by itself... because it is that smart :-D
Do I have to adjust the Ingrein Clock for daylight savings time?
Yes it will! That is one of the best things about smart devices - just like a good wine, they get better with time. We will continue to develop and improve the functionality of the Ingrein Clock without you having to install any updates or take any action on your side. Just let us know what you would like the next addition to be!
Will my Ingrein Clock keep getting better over time?
Yes, the Ingrein Clock works great on home networks. At work, it will most likely work, but read the details below for validation:
- 802.11n-only networks: the Ingrein Clock supports 802.11b/g/n, but support for n hasn't been implemented yet. Most 802.11n networks are backwards compatible with 802.11b/g, but if yours is not, the Ingrein Clock will not connect.
- Networks with "captive portal" security: a captive portal is the little website that comes up to ask you to sign in to a network or sign an agreement, like at your favorite coffee shop. Unfortunately, the Ingrein Clock cannot navigate through these portals.
- Enterprise networks: we have had mixed results connecting the Ingrein Clock to enterprise networks, and this is something that we are actively working to improve.
- Complex networks: networks with multiple routers, with non-standard firewalls, and with non-standard settings. Connecting the Ingrein Clock to these networks may not always work.
- Channels above 11: this is generally an international issue; if you are outside the U.S., your Wi-Fi router might run at channels 12, 13, or 14, which the Ingrein Clock does not support. Please use channels numbered 11 or lower.
Will the Ingrein Clock work with my Internet connection?
Beta Clocks Troubleshooting
ED01. Screen displays:
"Oops, error starting"
- Unplug the power adapter from the wall socket.
- Wait for 3 seconds.
- Plug the power adapter in again.
If that doesn’t work, email us:
- To: email@example.com.
- Subject: ED01